Sunday, May 3, 2009

Course Reflection

Looking back at this past semester and specifically this course I can honestly say that taking this class was on of the most enjoyable experiences in my graduate studies thus far. Going into this this class I really did not know what to expect. I have never taken an online class and have used very a very limited amount of technology in the classroom up to this point in my career. This class opened my eyes to different ways of reaching out to the children of today. Also it made me aware of the challenges of making teachers become comfortable utilizing technology. Personally, I have become much more open to the use of technology in my classroom because of this course. As a teacher for 11 years, I believe I am somewhere in the middle of the road when it comes to technology. I am not a 20 year+ veteran teacher who refuses to use technology because I never used it and I am not a fresh out of college teacher who is a digital native going into the teacher world either. I believe at this point of my career I could go either way, become more adept with technology in the classroom or never use it at all. With this course I believe I will be much more open to further learning and trying new ideas involving technology. I have come to realize that students learn in different ways in this day and age and through technology teachers can reach them in more efficient and more effective ways. My toughest obstacle will be when I decide to leap into the realm of administration some day and need to convince that veteran teacher to be willing to change his ways. I got a great deal out of this class and I hope the rest of you did also. Thank you Dr. Luongo for all of your help and looking forward to your class in the summer!

1 comment:

  1. You have started thinking like an administrator already by stating, "My toughest obstacle will be when I decide to leap into the realm of administration some day and need to convince that veteran teacher to be willing to change his ways."

    This will be an obstacle, but you can say to your staff, "I have beeen there. I didn't believe in technology... and now I do."

    Looking forward to the summer!

    ReplyDelete