Monday, March 2, 2009

Blogging

I am quickly becoming a fan of blogging. This class was my first experience at blogging and I am really starting to enjoy it and am starting to see the educational possibilities that can arise from blogging. Looking through the two blogging sites in Module 4, I really started to think about ways that I can possibly incorporated blogging in my health classes. The opportunities are endless! I believe that blogging can be a tremendous tool for my high school students to express themselves and apply knowledge that is being learned in class. Class participation can really extend beyond the classroom! I really believe that blogging in the near future will be a commonplace in many classrooms throughout the world.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you- the possibilities are endless. I think it is amazing that this whole course is based on interacting through blogs! I never would have thought it was possible to attend a class on my own time, never having to leave home, and still get so much out of it. Your highschool students would love it. They would get to work on the internet, sharing ideas and opinions, which is something they are quite comfortable and familiar with, and you would get the chance to read their interactions and see them participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea to have your high school students express there feelings and opinions by blogging. I think it a modern way of keeping a journal and because they are so involved in technology I think they would love the idea. This would be a wonderful outlet for them to demonstate what they have learned also. you appear to be a very innovative teacher. When you implement this pleas elet us know how it turns out. i am sure it will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what blogging should be all about. It gives those students who will never speak in class an outlet.

    Thanks for posting your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos in your efforts in perhaps incorporating blogging in your classroom setting.

    Although I had some initial reluctance, I too have become comfortable with blogging. As a future educator, I would definitely welcome the opportunity to make blogging part of my curriculum. It is a wonderful outlet if and only if used constructively.

    Your foresight on blogging in classrooms as becoming the norm may in fact become a reality sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete