Thursday, March 19, 2009

Web Site Question

I need help with something and I hope someone else out there has the answer. I am currently working on my website. It is a website devoted to my varsity baseball team at Sayreville H.S. The website has team information such as the team roster, schedule, practice times and fundraising information. However there are built in tabs that I cannot seem to change that do not pertain to my website such as homework and reading lists. Is this web page builder just specific to classroom teachers? Does anyone know if I can change these and make them more specific to my website or am I stuck with these? If anyone can be of assistance I would greatly appreciate it!

4 comments:

  1. Mike,

    I'm pretty sure you can change them. I'll look more into it when I get a chance and let you know what I find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    It appear that the template is exclusive to a classroom web page. However perhaps if you email scholastic they would either direct you toward or send you a template for a web page that would be useful for you. Good luck. I think having a webpage for your team is an excellent idea. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,

    I looked all over and even did a search - it seems that the tabs are set for classroom web page only as Donna set - however here Scholastic Technical Support phone number 1-877-COUNTS1 or email techsupport@scholastic.com - hope this helps.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike if you go to TeacherWeb.com you can create also a Web Site that in deed suits your needs! I did, in the update page you are given the option to add/delete pages and also to re-name them. There is a page for calendar where you can post your game schedule. I created my Web Page with this and I even posted a blog page in the website so I can leave comments to my students +and vice versa. I stringlky suggest you take a look at it. My web site is at

    http://teacherweb.com/NJ/SaintPetersPrep/MsHildaDorisSuarez/h0.stm

    in case you would like to see it for yourself

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete